Young Girl, 8 Years Old, Confirmed Dead After Ariana Grande Concert Bombing in Manchester

Saffie-Rose is one of 12 children among the casualties following the tragedy.

A young girl, only 8 years old, was separated from her sister and mother during the chaos following the Manchester bombing attack. She was confirmed dead Tuesday.

129673730_SWNScom-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqvEhkHiG7jeh0_816Nz6QNSyhqqhKNN0_jKHPROdbGQ8

Saffie-Rose Roussos passed away after succumbing to her injuries following the alleged terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester on Monday evening.

The eight-year-old was at the concert with her mother Lisa and her older sister Ashlee.

Upon hearing of the news of the incident, friends of the family took to social media to request help.

Hannah Melling posted on her Facebook page: “My friend Lisa and her daughters Ashlee and Saffie were at the concert last night.”

“Saffie-Rose, 8 years old is still missing. Her mum Lisa and sister Ash are in hospital with shrapnel injuries which are not life threatening but Saffie is still missing. Ashlee’s in Bolton but Lisa is in a different one.”

“Please could you share this post and help find her…please contact me with ANY INFORMATION.”

Family

Saffie’s parents reportedly run a fish and chips restaurant in the region of Leyland, Lancs.

Saffie-Rose’s sister, Ashlee, and mother Lisa are in two different hospitals undergoing treatment for injuries due to rogue shrapnel.

Kate Tinsley, the mother of one of Saffie’s friends at the school, told the Sun news outlet: “Everybody is worried, the whole village. Everybody is in bits waiting for news, just some news that she’s okay, she’s alive.”

Saffie was confirmed dead on Tuesday afternoon.

School’s Reply

The principle of her school, Chris Upton, released a statement on behalf of the Tarleton Community Primary School this afternoon, saying that the news is “heartbreaking”.

He stated: “Saffie was simply a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word. She was loved by everyone”.

“News of Saffie’s death in this appalling attack has come as a tremendous shock to all of us and I would like to send our deepest condolences to all of her family and friends,” said Upton.

“The thought that anyone could go out to a concert and not come home is heartbreaking.”

“Our focus is now on helping pupils and staff cope with this shocking news and we have called in specialist support from Lancashire County Council to help us do that.”

“We are a tight-knit school and wider community and will give each other the support that we need at this difficult time.”

Victims

She is now the second person confirmed dead, after Georgina Bethany Callander, 18, was named as one of the victims earlier today.

Callander previously met singer Ariana Grande back in 2015, and uploaded a photo of her alongside Grande on her own Instagram page.

Twenty other victims have yet to be identified.