I had no idea she had so much more depth to her than purely comedy…
Who doesn’t remember the day they first watched Sarah Silverman? I remember hearing so much about her, then stumbling upon The Sarah Silverman Show on TV. After just two minutes of the funniest comedy I had seen at the time, I was hooked!
She was so new and cooler than the comedy you would see on typical sitcoms. She brought a different method of comedy to television, and even cooler- she was a woman! She showed the world that women can be funny, dirty, and just plain hilarious.
After loads of stand up specials, she’s moved onto movies and acting in general, and she even wrote a best-selling book! You may think you know what made her famous, or even a few of her jokes, but she is so much more than the laughs she provides. Find out more below!
1. Just like many other comedy legends, she started in comedy by performing stand-up in 1992, but she got her first real big introduction on Saturday Night Live in 1993. She was even a writer until 1994!
2. The reason why she was only on SNL for one season was because they fired her! She says it was because they said that she hadn’t written “one single funny sketch.” We don’t believe that!
There were no harsh feelings though, she even hosted SNL in 2014!
3. One of her breakthrough moments was for the hilarious duet she had with Matt Damon! It played in 2008 on Jimmy Kimmel’s show, originally meant to be a joke about them doing a duet behind Jimmy’s back!
4. Sarah dated Jimmy Kimmel from 2002 to 2009!
5. After they broke up, Sarah revealed she still loves Jimmy Kimmel.
“Sometimes loving each other isn’t enough. You have to be responsible for your own happiness. You can’t stay in a relationship because you’re afraid of the unknown. But I will always love him.”
6. When Sarah had begun to date Michael Sheen, she said that he was an awesome boyfriend because he allowed her to talk about him in her comedy specials!
7. Sarah once tweeted that she didn’t intend on ever getting married.
8. The Sarah Silverman Show, created, produced, and starred in by Sarah herself, ran for three consecutive seasons!
Hell yeah, girl!
9. While Sarah was always a movie actor, her role in the film I Smile Back earned her a SAG award nomination!
10. Published in 2010, her autobiography was a huge hit! The book was entitled The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee. Of course.
11. Kathy Griffin is her idol!
12. She’s works on the YouTube channel JASH, creating, writing, and producing content.
You have to check it out if you’re a fan of Sarah Silverman!
13. Sarah SIlverman: We Are Miracles, her HBO special, won her the coveted Emmy award!
14. She’s actually a vegetarian in real life!
15. The character she plays in Wreck-It-Ralph was created as an inspiration from her after the director read her best-selling book.
If you love Sarah Silverman as much as we do, remember to SHARE with family and friends below!