We all have that one friend that’s just full of so much random information, sometimes it can be pointless, but other times not so much…
No matter what the subject of discussion is, they seem to have at least an idea about it already. They just seem to be like walking, talking encyclopedias!
If you think you’re one of these people, test yourself below and let us know how many of these facts you already knew in the COMMENTS section on Facebook!
1. Those raised lined edges that you find in the caps of plastic bottles are there to serve a purpose.
Without those liners, the soda in the bottle will go flat much quicker. The tight seal helps keep the liquid and carbonation tightly in the bottle.
2. There’s a name for the blob of toothpaste that you use.
It’s called a nurdle. Funny name, right?
3. The holes you find in pen lids aren’t there for decoration.
They’re there so that if you swallow the lid, air can go through it, meaning you won’t suffocate. Good to know!
And there’s more!
4. The sleeve they give you at coffee shops so that you don’t burn your hands has a name.
It has more than one name too. Actually, it has a lot: coffee sleeve, coffee clutch, coffee cozy, Java Jacket, and paper zarf. Zarf?
5. The small patch of fabric you find in your clothes…
It’s meant to help you be sure that any detergent or laundry product that you use doesn’t destroy the material. So helpful!
6. Barbie isn’t just called Barbie.
Her full name is actually Barbara Millicent Roberts. Fancy!
7. The reason movie trailers are called trailers is because they were originally played after the end of movies. They ‘trailed’ after the film.
8. You can always tell the king of hearts from the other kings in a deck of cards.
In a standard Rouennais deck of cards, he’s the only king that isn’t sporting a moustache.
9. Take a closer look at the line used for signatures on checks and you’ll notice something odd.
It might look just like any normal line, but it’s actually not. It is in fact, entirely made up of tiny print reading, “AUTHORIZED SIGNATURE.”
Who would have thought?!
If you loved these random trivia facts, or if you knew more than half of them and want to show off, remember to SHARE this with your friends and family on Facebook!