Family Stunned When Son Suddenly Wakes Up During His Own Funeral

The confused teen awoke in a casket.

Imagine awaking to find yourself in a casket, being carried to your own funeral. This is what happened to a 17-year-old boy in India. 

MzXiGjf

When Kumar Marewad was bitten by a stray dog, the serious bite caused a viral infection. His high fever worsened at the hospital and doctors had to put him on a ventilator.

The diagnosis from doctors was not good, and the teen was eventually taken off life support.

“We had decided to take Kumar home after doctors told us his chances of survival were bleak once taken off the ventilator,” explained Sharanappa Naikar, Kumar’s brother-in-law.

The family brought him home to die. Shortly afterwards, the boy seemed to die. They organised a funeral and began to escort his body to the service. This is when Kumar suddenly woke up.

According to his stunned family, Kumar abruptly opened his eyes, moved his hands and legs, and began to breathe rapidly.

Kumar was rushed back to the hospital and put back on the ventilator.

“We suspect he suffers from meningoencephalitis, an infection caused due to dog bites,” his doctor, Mahesh Neelakhantannavar said.

Now, Kumar is back recovering in hospital as his family seeks support from their community to fund his ongoing treatment.

Be sure to SHARE this unbelievable story with your family and friends.