It’s been a wild ride for Chris Pratt over the last few years. In a short space of time, he’s gone from a chubby TV actor to a well-muscled Hollywood A-lister, appearing in smash global hits like ‘Jurassic World’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’. Here are some interesting facts about one of our favorite stars.
1. Chris might actually be able to predict the future! A few years ago, he made a humorous video in which he pretended to accept a role in Jurassic Park 4.
2. There are three different Lego figures based on Chris! One for ‘The Lego Movie’, one for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’, and a third for ‘Jurassic World’.
3. When he was in high school, Chris’ wrestling coach asked him what he wanted to do with his life. Chris’ response: “I don’t know but I know I’ll be famous and I know I’ll make a ton of money.”
4. As well as being a talented actor, he’s also really good at painting and drawing.
5. Before becoming famous, he worked as a stripper. He said he wasn’t very good at it though!
6. He also spent some time living in a van because he couldn’t afford to have his own place.
7. He dated Emily VanCamp, who played his sister on the show ‘Everwood’.
8. Chris is a big believer in improvisation. While filming ‘Jurassic World’, he randomly decided to kiss Bryce Dallas Howard, and the director chose to keep it in the final cut.
9. While filming ‘Parks and Recreation’, Chris was supposed to be wearing flesh-colored underwear for a scene in which his character was meant to be naked. For one take, he decided to take off the underwear, shocking his co-star. Funnily enough, that take was the one used in the show!
10. At one point in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’, Chris’ character drops an important orb. This was actually an accident, but Chris stayed in character and made it work, so the director kept it in the film.
11. Chris can speak German.
12. Chris did such an impressive audition for Guardians of the Galaxy that the director was prepared to offer him the role without any conditions. The pair later decided that Chris needed to lose some weight, so he was given 6 months to lose 50 pounds. In the end, he managed to lose more than 60!
13. Chris met his wife, Anna Faris, while filming ‘Take Me Home Tonight’. Apparently, they both used to collect dead bugs and enjoyed talking about that weird hobby together.
14. At the start of ‘Parks and Recreation’, Chris’ was only meant to have a guest role, but his character became so popular that the producers simply had to make him a regular member of the cast.
15. Apparently, Chris stole his Star-Lord costume from ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ in order to surprise sick kids at hospital.
16. As a teen, Chris got into some trouble. He worked as a coupon salesman and failed to pay an insurance bill, so there was actually an arrest warrant with his name on it.
SHARE this article if you’re a big fan of Chris Pratt and can’t wait to see more of him!