Stone Cold Steve Austin is a legend in the sport, and has always been one of the biggest icons of WWE.
1. The “Austin 3:16” routine he made up from making fun of Jake Robert at King of the Ring.
“You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn’t get you anywhere! Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16… Austin 3:16 says I just whipped (you)!” said Austin to Roberts after he was portrayed as a born-again Christian.
2. He’s been involved in more than one Adam Sandler movie.
Austin has had a couple of acting gigs, primarily in Adam Sandler movies, where he was cast to be Sandler’s antagonist in Grown Ups 2, and a corrupt prison guard in The Longest Yard.
3. He nearly became your every-day gym teacher.
When in college, Austin was only a few credits short of getting himself a degree in physical education, but decided to drop out because he was annoyed by the math and accounting classes he had to take. He later worked on a loading dock.
4. His wife is the reason he’s called “Stone Cold”.
Being a heavy tea drinker, his wife was the inspiration after telling him to “drink [his] tea before it gets stone cold.” After taking a pause she decided: “That’s it, Stone Cold.”
5. Known as a big beer guy, he’s actually really into wine!
He says: “Back in the day I was really into the big cabs from Napa Valley, and my wife’s a big fan of some of the Italian wines, but now I’m more of a pinot noir guy –something a little bit on the lighter side. So yeah, I’m a bit of a wine connoisseur.”