Family Guy. American Dad! Ted. Hell Boy…
Honestly, you better just IMDB his creations cause everything he digs his heels into turns into comic and cinematic Gold.
You might just be familiar with him as the creator of Family Guy or a couple other brilliant shows, but MacFarlene is a master animator, actor, showrunner, musician, and so much more. His credentials know no bounds.
I’m pretty sure succeeding generations will be studying him in textbooks, so here’s a couple of things you ought to know about him that are just so friggin’ awesome!
1. The voice of Peter Griffin was inspired from a college security guard who happened to be quite loud-mouthed.
2. He might have been a Disney Cartoonist but that didn’t pan out because of the objections of religious welfare groups.
His short The Life of Larry was then noticed by Hanna-Barbara, they took him on, and created the short film that would eventually lead into Family Guy!
3. He has vocal chops trained by Frank Sinatra’s teachers!
The 90-year-old couple that trained MacFarlane also trained THE Frank Sinatra himself.
4. According to Alex Borstein, aka, Lois Griffin, “He doesn’t have email, own a computer, and despises most new music.”
Apparently, Seth is “very retro.”
5. He wrote and animated the lovely Cartoon triumvirate of Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, and Dexter’s Laboratory
6. It was his voice and performance motion-capture that brought life to the hilariously nasty Ted, making it an R-rated comedy for the ages.
7. Matt Groening, the creator of Simpsons, and Mike Judge, creator of King Of The Hill, are personal pals of his.
In fact, he looks up to Groening as a mentor, who opened doors for those who wanted to work in animation, but not necessarily for kids’ entertainment.
8. He is also pals with Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson, and he executive produced Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey.
The show was based on the Carl Sagan-hosted Cosmos series of the 80s.
9. One of his distant cousins is actress Ashley Judd, who happens to be a descendant of William Brewster — one among many of the unfortunate passengers of the Mayflower.
10. There’s quite literally an Asteroid with his name on it. Well, not literally.
Apparently MacFarlane is also a founding member of the Board of Advisors to the Science and Entertainment Exchange. In honor of that The International Astronomers Union named asteroid 1999-UL46 after him: “70713 SethMcFarlane.”
11. Another one of his famous pals is Butch Hartman, the guy who made the funny kids’ shows The Fairly OddParents and Danny Phantom.
12. Apparently, he was supposed to be on one of the flights that crashed into the World Trade Center. However, he missed his flight because he had been misinformed about the time by his agent.
A fortunate mistake.
13. He shares his birthday with… Hillary Clinton! It’s October 26.
14. His favorite movie of all time is The Sound Of Music.
15. Family Guy got the axe twice. But the show had such great reruns on Cartoon Network and the DVD sales skyrocketed so much that they reconsidered.
COMMENT down below and let us know what makes you fall in love with Seth MacFarlane!
Main Image via YouTube / TeddyKGaming