Just one look at these photos is enough to blow your mind, especially for people who have no idea what it was like in the 1900s. Back then, people lived the farm life, working hard and having fun at the same time. Part of growing up was learning the work ethic with the family whose members all chipped in on the house and barnyard chores. Check out these cool vintage photos and take a peek at what the farm life was like.
1. Looks like these kids are having fun riding the family cow.
2. This scary looking contraption is actually a machine commonly used to harvest all kinds of crops.
3. Farm life was both work and play, and maybe a bit of what was in those barrels they’re already riding on.
4. Back then, most homeowners needed to learn how to use a gun for both hunting and protection.
5. Chickens were one of the easiest animals to raise, so they were a basic source of eggs and meat.
6. Back then, bathrooms were called an “Outhouse”.
7. Ladies were tough enough to take on heavy machinery.
8. This kid looks like she was scared of the ride. The hat looks nice on her though.
9. Look at this kid playing with a cute little lamb. Animals were quite friendly in the farm because they were used to people being around them.
10. Horses were abundant around the farm, so riding was a pretty common family and community activity.
11. Everyone also had to learn how to chop wood. This child, however, was a bit too young for the task.
12. Some kids would have fun with their goats by using them to pull carriages instead of horses.
SHARE these photos of a simpler time on Facebook!