One of the best movies of the ‘90s was 10 Things I Hate About You. We all loved this movie and its cast!
Heath Ledger, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Julia Stiles were amazing together and pulled the movie off perfectly. A show was made after the movie too.
Here are some facts from behind the scenes of the movie. Let’s see how much you know.
1. The student that Patrick pays in the hallway is really a marching band’s leader and helps Patrick in trying to attract Kat.
2. The scene in the library between Kat and Patrick shows a book named 10 Stupid Things Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives.
3. Cameron learns French to teach Bianca, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is actually a fluent French speaker.
4. Kat’s drunk dancing in one scene got her a role in Save the Last Dance!
5. Larisa Oleynik originally auditioned for the role of Kat, and Julia for the role of Bianca.
Had they been chosen according to their auditions, it would have been weird.
6. The poem originally includes 14, rather than 10, things she hates about Patrick!
The title went wrong…
7. Michael names her ‘the shrew’ as in Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, on which the movie is originally based, after she nearly hit him.
8. The scene where Patrick plays with fire and lights a cigarette was improvised by Heath.
9. There was only a single take of the scene where Kat read the poem “10 Things” and the tears were improvised by Julia.
The best scene!
10. The original script was much darker. Kat’s best friend kept talking about suicide attempts in order to unite with William Shakespeare.
11. Julia came up with the idea of Heath singing “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You” by Frankie Valli in the soccer field.
We have to thank her for more than just her acting!
12. Heath and Julia were dating while the film was being shot and only broke up a year later.
Such a cute couple!
SHARE these facts about one of the classics from Hollywood with your friends!