Don’t you just love twins? I know I do! However, it’s not just because they look adorable; twins are also supposed to be a lot better connected to each other as they grow up. But did you know that some parents-to-be actually strive to have twins? Here are some methods to test out if you’d like to boost your chances of having more than one baby!
1. Twins beget twins.
If there have been other twins in your family tree, you’re more likely to have twins yourself.
2. Older women are more likely to end up with twins.
Due to certain hormonal changes that occur as one gets older, your body is more likely to release more than one egg. If more than one egg gets fertilized as a result of that, you end up with twins!
3. African-American women are more likely to have twins.
Just a better statistical chance.
4. If you’ve been pregnant before, it’s more likely that your current pregnancy might result in twins.
This also correlates mostly to an increased statistical probability.
5. Heavier-set women are more likely to have fraternal twins.
The statistical chance of an obese woman having fraternal twins is actually 11 in 1000, which is a pretty good probability.
6. Taller women are more likely to have twins.
I know it seems silly, but research and statistics don’t lie!
7. Consuming large amounts of meat and dairy products increases your chance of having twins by about 5 times!
8. Yams also result in greater twin probability.
It has to do with the hormones they trigger.
9. Casava peels also lead to higher chances.
This method has been used by people for ages, and recent studies back up the ancient practice.
10. Another way to increase your chances – consume lots of folic acid supplements!
What’s the harm in trying, right?
11. There’s a higher chance of conceiving twins if you’re currently breastfeeding.
For non-breastfeeding women, the chances are down at 1.1%, but for those who are breastfeeding, the percentage rises to 11.4%.
Maybe if you combine all these techniques, your chances may go way up! Please SHARE this with friends or family members who want twins!